I'm very proud to have been a part of tribute to Emanuel Nine. The Emanuel Nine are nine beautiful people who were senselessly taken down by a white supremacist on June 17, 2015, at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston SC.The Emanuel Nine are:
- Cynthia Marie Graham Hurd – Bible study member and manager for the Charleston County Public Library system; sister of politician and former state senator Malcolm Graham.
- Susie Jackson – a Bible study and church choir member.
- Ethel Lee Lance – the church's sexton.
- Depayne Middleton-Doctor – a pastor who was also employed as a school administrator and admissions coordinator at Southern Wesleyan University.
- Clementa C. Pinckney – the church's pastor and a South Carolina state senator.
- Tywanza Sanders – a Bible study member; grandnephew of victim Susie Jackson.
- Daniel Simmons – a pastor who also served at Greater Zion AME Church in Awendaw.
- Sharonda Coleman-Singleton – a pastor; also a speech therapist and track coach at Goose Creek High School; mother of MLB prospect Chris Singleton.
- Myra Thompson – a Bible study teacher.
Nine of the top realist artists in the US were asked to do posthumous portraits of the Emanuel Nine. They are: Catherine Prescott, Greg Mortenson, Judy Takacs, Lauren Tilden, Mario Robinson, Paul Mccormack, Ricky Mujica, Stephanie Deshpande, Terry Strickland.
The Portraits were exhibited at the Principle Gallery in Charleston SC. They are remembered in the catalog. Below is a link to the catalog for the show. It is sold at cost and there is no profit made from it.